How to Pass the AP English Test?

Published On July 1, 2018 | By Melissa Lynch | Education

One of the exams that a person has to go through is the AP English Language and Composition exam. It is a multiple choice and it would take more than three hours to finish. It comprises of a lot of things such as reading comprehension, analysis, synthesis, and written argumentation.  About 45% of the exam is based on the AP English Language and Composition exam while the remaining 55% is a purely free response.

To increase your chances of passing the exam, you need to keep in mind the following:

Work on your critical thinking skill

Many types of test such as the AP English test is designed to test your critical thinking ability. It is more than just looking at words in the literal context. You need to dig deeper into the meaning of the world. You also need to think critically when it comes to the writing style, use of punctuation, subject matter, and the likes.

Attention to details

It is important to carefully read the questions and instructions. It is a long test and each question is designed to test your reasoning ability. It is a must to carefully read every word and understand the content for you to be able to pass the exam.

Preparation

Just like taking any types of test, it is important to prepare. Devote your time reviewing your lesson. Set a study time but don’t forget to rest and unwind once in a while. It would help a lot if you have a study buddy. It is also an advantage on your part if you are going to contact a review center that offers tutorial services for AP English Language and Composition exam. You can also search for the best AP English review booksThere are a lot of resources online and you will surely never run out of review materials.

More than anything else, you need to prepare yourself mentally, emotionally, psychologically, and physically. Taking an exam requires you to be well in all aspect of your health. If you are in top shape, then there will be no reason for you not to pass the exam.

Like this Article? Share it!

About The Author

Leave a Reply